Tuesday 15 February 2011

WOWps! and VIDEO SLAM!

WOW - well, yeah, wow.  Couldn't be more excited to be going to WOWps (oh, yeah - Women of the World Poetry Slam) to compete in March!

I submitted as a storm poet (thanks, Rob Sturma, for the push) and I actually got in.  There are the most amazing women who are going to be there, from the US and Canada.  This is super-huge!  Yay!  Lots of memorizing needs to happen.  Rounds are not all 3 minutes!  Eek!  Kinda cool, though, to take out the other poems and get some scores.

Am all about the being there.  Definitely want to bring it, but the emphasis is on the experience of it.  Traveling around and hearing so many wonderful poets lately, I know that I am privileged to be able to be in this company for 4 days.

As getting in was a huge surprise, the expense of it is, too.  There is a Video Slam happening online.  The winner gets part of the costs underwritten.  If you have time to vote, that would be smashing.  You can, apparently, vote hourly.  If so inclined.

My video refused to upload for several days, so I am WAY behind in votes.  Your help is appreciated, as always.

WOW!

...and I can't believe I'm not done with winter!

No comments: