Monday 1 August 2011

Quote of the Week - Borges

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library. "
- Jorge Luis Borges (via Goodreads)

Time Enough at Last.jpgThis quote reminds me of that Twilight Zone episode with Burgess Meredith - the one where SPOILERS he  wants to be alone so he can read and when he is finally the last man on the planet, alone with his books, he breaks his glasses....I would like to think there will be infinite time to read some day.  There's no horror movie scarier to me than the end of this episode.  I think it's reasonable to think that Serling was reading Borges, too, so there might be some actual connection.



DON'T WATCH THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE THE END!



And if you're still following my train of  thought, here's another meditation on time:

No comments: