Monday 24 March 2014

Quote of the Week - Woolf


"The impact of poetry is so hard and direct that for the moment there is no other sensation except that of the poem itself."
~ Virginia Woolf

April is coming! Get ready for National Poetry Month!  Not to mention the start of Yankee season!

Strong poetry comes at you like a Mariano Rivera pitch - you've got to pay attention - as a writer or a listener. You know, I couldn't find one picture of number 42 where he wasn't smiling at the end of his pitching motion.  Pretty sure that's the secret of his transcendence right there.


Hope you've been reading our Women You Should Know series - more coming this week!

Monday found me on the back foot just when I was thinking I should approach the net.

Gotta run.  Get my footwork going.


No comments: