Thursday 17 April 2014

NaPoWriMo 17/30 - Au + Day 18 Prompt



Au

That gold you spun
wrapped around me
like magic
poured into my crevasses
seeped into my soul
filled invisible cracks

it was like
living light

you give good shine

Alchemist you
turn dead into gold

Liquid silk shapes to me
all that’s left now
is the solidifying
of this new form

but you withdraw
before the metal sets
like attracting like
your molecules follow you

there I am
naked
cracked
brittle broken
fracked
disintegrating
slowly
disappearing
into dust.


17/30
NaPoWriMo
2014


 Update: tiny rewrite. Also - this is from yesterday's prompt - and more on kintsukuroi here


 DAY 18 PROMPT:

I know of a cure for everything: salt water...in one way or the other. Sweat, or tears, or the salt sea.

Karen Blixen

I love this quote and more and more have come to rely on the purification of salt water. Maybe you know a different "cure for everything." Make it work for you.

No comments: